Source and target segments not moving in synch with one another during translation
Thread poster: Rebecca Holmes

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 06:49
German to English
Oct 30, 2013

Dear Prozies,

I just downloaded and installed the latest service pack for SDL Trados 2011. So far so good. Except during translation, when I move from segment to segment, the source and target segments no longer move together. In other words I translated and save several segments on the target side of the page, which moves down accordingly, but the source side does not move down in synch.
Is there some kind of setting for this that I can change? In 13 years of Trados I have never run into this problem before.

Thanks,
Rebecca

Direct link Reply with quote

Tuan Dzung  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 17:49
Member (2014)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Try to do as follows: Menu View and tick to Auto-scroll source document Oct 30, 2013

Hi,
You may solve this issue by clicking Menu "View" and choose: "Auto-scroll Source Document".
Best regards,

Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:49
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Autoscroll option Oct 30, 2013

Hi Rebecca,

go to "View" and then check the option "Autoscroll source document".

HTH

Regards
Susanne

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 06:49
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 30, 2013

Ahhh! That was an easy fix, thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Source and target segments not moving in synch with one another during translation

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search