Urgent! The characters in target file (Korean) are corrupt!
Thread poster: Christine Lee-Roth

Christine Lee-Roth  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:50
English to Korean
+ ...
Oct 31, 2013

Hi,
this is urgent matter.

I was translating (source: Word doc) and I just found out that the characters in my target file are corrupt (all the squares).
I've been using Trados 2011 just fine. Other times I had no problem with my target files (they are all EN>KO pairs).

Please help me - let me know how to fix this!!! (please explain it easily as well)

I will deeply appreciate it!

[Edited at 2013-10-31 20:45 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Christine Lee-Roth  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:50
English to Korean
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved... Nov 8, 2013

Well, I realized that it was a word "doc" file (which should be fine with Trados, right?) and I saved it as a "docx." Then it started working again... I still think it is weird, but at least this works...

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent! The characters in target file (Korean) are corrupt!

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search