Raúl FERNANDEZ  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 20:00
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 1, 2013

Hello,

I upgraded my SDL Trados Studio License from a SDL Trados Studio 2014, but something happened in the process. When I open the software, It says that I don't have an active license. So, I click activate and then I put my activation code and It appears an error message: "You can not use this license because she is registered by SDL in other computer. You must deactived it and send it to SDL". When I upgraded it, I deactived my SDL Trados Studio 2011. I don't understand. What happened? Could you help me to find a solution. I need to use the software for a project.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Best regards,
Raúl

Direct link Reply with quote

Lenny Kouwenberg
Netherlands
Local time: 03:00
English to Dutch
+ ...
Is it properly deactivated ? Nov 1, 2013

You can check in Your Account on the SDL site whether your license is already in use. You can only deactivate to from within the Studio software. If the license is in use and you can not deactivate it you can as a last resort contact SDL to reset your license (this may take up to 2 days).

Mexico
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Upgrading problem Nov 1, 2013

Hi Lenny,

Thanks for your help. I deactivated my SDL Trados 2011 for upgrading. In my SDL Account, my License appears in Use 1 and Available 0. What does it mean? If I click on "Can't deactivate online? Deactivate offline?" It asks me a Deactivation Certificate.

I don't understand very well. It's the firs time that I upgrade? I sent an e-mail to the SDL resseller in Mexico, but until know he haven't answered me.

Best regards,
Raúl

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:00
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Contact SDL Licensing and Installation support Nov 2, 2013

In order to deactivate offline you need access to your activated product to generate the certificate. If you cannot access your seemingly activated product, I would advice contacting SDL Licensing and Installation support in the following link: http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0/ and have them reset your license.

Mexico
Member (2012)
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 3, 2013

Hi Shai,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I will ask to SDL for a reset License.

Best regards,
Raúl

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrading SDL Trados Studio 2011 to 2014

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search