Converting TM from SDL Trados Studio 2011 for use with earlier versions of SDL Trados Studio
Thread poster: steph_cuevas

steph_cuevas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:18
English to Tagalog
+ ...
Nov 1, 2013

Hi,

Ever since I started working with SDL Trados Studio 2011, I always face the same problem with regards to generating a TM that can work with earlier versions of Trados.

Clients sends me .tmw TM. I can open it with my Trados 2011. However, once I've updated the TM they sent me, I can only save it as .tmx. And my client will revert back to me saying that they are not able to open the TM I sent them.

Is there a possible way to have an updated TM in a format that works well with earlier versions of Trados (e.g., 2006)?

Would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Stephanie

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:18
English
Perhaps review... Nov 1, 2013

... this article : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-91

The last part discusses an OpenExchange app called the SDL Translation Management Utility and this may provide a more suitable flavour.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Converting TM from SDL Trados Studio 2011 for use with earlier versions of SDL Trados Studio

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search