International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Studio 2014 generates US and FS for every file
Thread poster: frozst

frozst
Local time: 16:53
English to Spanish
Nov 3, 2013

Hi!

I was creating some big projects with Trados 2014 and I was quite happy so far, until I noticed that all analysis were failing due to insufficient space on the hard disk. So I check the folders and I saw that the Exports one was 200 GB!

I discovered that Trados creates 1 Unknown segment per file on the analysis, and not one as Trados 11 does. So on my project Trados was creating 20k US files, as I have 20k files on my project...

How could they have missed this bug?

Thanks!

[Edited at 2013-11-03 12:19 GMT]

frozst
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Could someone try? Nov 4, 2013

Could someone do a quick analysis on more than 1 file and see if 1 or more Unknown segments file is generated?

I am using the last update.

Thanks,

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I believe this is a bug... Nov 4, 2013

... I tested it and reported it to support this morning. Fortunately the files are numbered where they are duplicated so it's simple to remove the ones you don't want. But clearly an undesirable side effect of running the Frequently Occurring Units or Unknown Segment task.

So this is currently with Support/Development for fixing.

Regards

Paul

frozst
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 4, 2013

Thank you Paul for having a look at this, I am quite happy with this new version -speed performance is about 600% faster with some tasks.

Thanks

frozst
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
not fixed on last SP Dec 2, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... I tested it and reported it to support this morning. Fortunately the files are numbered where they are duplicated so it's simple to remove the ones you don't want. But clearly an undesirable side effect of running the Frequently Occurring Units or Unknown Segment task.

So this is currently with Support/Development for fixing.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have seen that this has not been fixed yet on the last SP release, do you have any update?

Thanks,

frozst
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Update? Jan 24, 2014

Hi Paul,

Any idea if this is on the pipeline? I consider it a severe bug.

Thanks,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 generates US and FS for every file

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search