Studio 2014: bugs in Hebrew
Thread poster: Motty Henoch

Motty Henoch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:21
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
Nov 4, 2013

I've encountered several bugs when translating into Hebrew, one even dating back to Studio 2009:

1. When the last character in the segment is an English or number character, it is impossible to delete it using the keyboard, or to use the key END to get to the end of the segment.
When trying to highlight the last character using the keyboard, the marker jumps to the next line (still there from 2009).

2. In some cases, when trying to create a new project based on a previous one:
In 2011, the system won't recognize the TTX as a translatable file.
In 2014, it would just remain on 1% without making any progress.
It only worked when I created this project from a default template.

3. When using the filter function, studio works very, very slowly.

4. In some cases, when moving to the next segment, it's impossible to begin typing, until another key such as HOME, END or left arrow is pressed (even when this segment isn't empty).

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:21
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Not a lot to add Nov 4, 2013

1. I have reported this issue to SDL, and was told that it is a known issue and that they are working on solving it. Given that it is an issue since Studio 2009 (although in 2011 and 2014 it is less severe, sometimes) and that no timeline estimate was specified, I'm not sure that it will be fixed in Studio 2014.
One workaround for this is to place the cursor before the last Latin character and use the Ctrl+D shortcut (delete everything from the current cursor position to the end of the segment) to delete it.

2. I can't comment because I haven't tried it.

3. Haven't noticed it. Is this an issue with large files or just about any file?

4. Haven't noticed this behavior either, but I will try to pay a closer attention to it (maybe it happened sporadically and I didn't think much of it at the time).

[Edited at 2013-11-04 13:57 GMT]

Motty Henoch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:21
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
No. 3 Nov 4, 2013

Hi Shai,

no. 1 is a nuisance, and I'm sure they can do something about it. Sometime.
no. 3 happened to me with a large file (85K words).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: bugs in Hebrew

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search