Thread poster: ManuelaW

ManuelaW  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:05
French to German
+ ...
Nov 6, 2013

Dear All,

Does anybody know how I can use QA Distiller in Trados Studio 2011? Since the terminology verifier in Studio does not seem to work properly, I need another tool to verify the terminology. Is there a way to connect the QA distiller to Trados Studio 2011?

Thanks in advance.

Manuela

Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:05
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
You Can use QA Distiller (or Xbench) on the sdxliff files Nov 6, 2013

ManuelaW wrote:

Dear All,

Does anybody know how I can use QA Distiller in Trados Studio 2011? Since the terminology verifier in Studio does not seem to work properly, I need another tool to verify the terminology. Is there a way to connect the QA distiller to Trados Studio 2011?

Thanks in advance.

Manuela

Just verify the sdxliff file at the end of the project using QA Distiller: QA even lets you edit the sdxliff files directly.

Another tool to use for terminology verification is Xbench (with it, though, you cannot directly edit the sdxliff files)

Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 11, 2013

Thanks, Ricardo. Is it correct that the QA distiller cannot process .sdltb files? I had to convert the database into a tbx file to make it work.

Even though the QA distiller finds more terminology inconsistencies than the QA checker in Trados, it still does not detect all of them. Is there a trick to improve the results?

Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:05
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
What is it missing and why? Nov 11, 2013

ManuelaW wrote:

Thanks, Ricardo. Is it correct that the QA distiller cannot process .sdltb files? I had to convert the database into a tbx file to make it work.

Even though the QA distiller finds more terminology inconsistencies than the QA checker in Trados, it still does not detect all of them. Is there a trick to improve the results?

As regards sdltb, I don't think that QA distiller can use them directly - check their documentation, but I doubt it - better to convert to tbx, probably, as you have done.

As for the undetected inconsistencies it's difficult to suggest anything without seeing the details of what the program is missing.

Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Missing inconsistencies Nov 12, 2013

I just does not detect all the inconsistencies which I found manually. There are for example several translations that do not match the preferred term in the database but QA Distiller did not detect them. Once there was even a term used that was marked as "forbidden" in the database but it was still not found.

I selected the following options in the terminology tab in the QA settings:
General: Consistent use of terminology
Source: Whole words only + Check forbidden terms
Target: Whole words only + Check forbidden terms

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Use QA Distiller in Trados Studio?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search