Studio 2014 on Mac
Thread poster: pcs_MCIL
Nov 9, 2013

Hello,

I am using a Mac (OS 10.9) and in the past I have been running SDL Studio through VMware Fusion with no issue.
Today I downloaded Studio 2014 trial but I am unable to install it. It says the setup.exe is corrupted and then ask how to codify a certain file (?) and suggests "Japanese".

Has anybody ever run successfully Studio 2014 on a Mac (whether trial or full)?

Jennifer Miethe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:08
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Yes, it works Nov 10, 2013

Hi,

I work on a MacBook Pro with VMware Fusion and have recently installed SDL Studio 2014 (full version) without any issues. So, principally, yes, it works.

xxxowhisonant  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:08
German to English
+ ...
Should work Nov 10, 2013

Running OS 10.9 with a VM 6.02 / Windows 7 Pro installation, Studio 2014 Full, no problems.

Leah Hunt
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:08
German to English
Yes Nov 11, 2013

I run full Studio 2014 on Windows 7 Pro via VirtualBox on my MacBook Pro and have done for the past few months - planning to switch to VMware Fusion this week though as Mavericks isn't playing nicely with Virtual Box.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 on Mac

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search