Studio 2014 starter edition: Client format html, agency requires bilingual .ttx
Thread poster: Thomas Prager

Thomas Prager  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:00
English to German
Nov 10, 2013

Hi,

going forward, the agency that I regularly work for will receive files from the client in html format and requires its translators to deliver bilingual .ttx files. I have a license for Trados Studio 2014 Starter edition. How can I process the html file and deliver the translation as bilingual .ttx file?

Cheers, Thomas

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Starter limitations Nov 10, 2013

TTX is a legacy format created by Tag Editor. So if you have Trados 2007 you could create the ttx from your html file and then process it in Studio.

An OpenExchange app called Legit converts Studio bilingual files into ttx files, which would be the best solution for you.

Unfortunately the Starter version has limitations (see http://www.translationzone.com/products/sdl-trados-studio/starter/index-tab2.html#tabs ) and one is that you can't use OpenExchange apps.

I suggest you ask your agency if they would accept your SDLXLIFF file as the bilingual format or your TM in TMX format. They may well just want to update their own TM.

Poland
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 10, 2013

Thanks Emma, this is really helpful. I will see if the agency accepts sdlxliff files.

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 00:00
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
You only need the 2007 demo for converting html to ttx Nov 12, 2013

In Trados WorkBench, create a new (empty) memory, go to Translate, "Add" your html file, check "Segment unknown sentences" and then click "Translate". You will get a ttx file able to be processed with your Starter Edition.

Saludos

Poland
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Viable solution after trial expiration? Nov 12, 2013

Thanks Jorge! But will this solution work after the trial period has expired?

Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 00:00
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TRADOS 2007 demo version does not have expiration date (or trial period) Nov 13, 2013

Its main limitations is that is good only for TMs with less than 100 TUs. In this case (generation of ttx files from source html files) no TM needs to be generated.

Poland
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 13, 2013

Thanks again Jorge! I this will work out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 starter edition: Client format html, agency requires bilingual .ttx

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search