Error message "Writing to Word document not possible"
Thread poster: Chiara Deaglio

Chiara Deaglio
Local time: 00:48
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 10, 2013

Hi all!

I have been working on a large MS Word file on Studio 2011, and when trying to get the target text on Word I got this error message:

"Falie to save target content: Missing bookmark end tag with name: _DV_M457 Writing to Word document not possible"

Apparently the problem concerns the very first line of the bilingual file (where the orange arrows are but no text is written), as I realized throgh the ordinary F8 check, but I cannot manage to solve the problem and at the moment I have no choice but to copy/paste every single segment to the original Word file...

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:48
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Troubleshooting Nov 10, 2013

You could try troubleshooting your issue with Shai Nave's article on Studio/Word saving errors:
http://translationtherapy.com/how-to-solve-an-error-when-trying-to-save-target-document-in-sdl-studio/

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message "Writing to Word document not possible"

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search