Thread poster: Karen Zeng

Karen Zeng  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:58
Member (2014)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 11, 2013

I created a project with the source language being EN-US in Studio 2011. Now the client has sent us a new itd file for the project. But the source language of this file is predefined to be EN-UK by the client, so I can’t add it to the project.

Is there any way to change the source language of itd files in Studio? (I don’t have the source file for the itd file)

Thanks in advance.

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:58
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Edit the languages in the SDLXLIFF file Nov 11, 2013

You should be able to generate an SDLXLIFF file from the ITD file and search and replace the language codes in a text editor like Notepad. Add that file to your project. Once it's translated, copy the sdlxliff file, replace the language codes, open it again and save as ITD. I hope this works.

Karen Zeng  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:58
Member (2014)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Notepad Nov 13, 2013

Adam Łobatiuk wrote:

You should be able to generate an SDLXLIFF file from the ITD file and search and replace the language codes in a text editor like Notepad. Add that file to your project. Once it's translated, copy the sdlxliff file, replace the language codes, open it again and save as ITD. I hope this works.

It works. Thank you very much.

PS
How to save an SDL XLIFF-file in itd-format?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change the source language of a predefined itd file in Studio

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search