Opening a server-based TM: server not available
Thread poster: ELMTranslations

ELMTranslations  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:16
German to English
+ ...
Nov 12, 2013

Trying to open a TM sent to me as part of a project but I get various error messages basically not allowing me to access or open the server, most recently: "Sufficient permissions for opening translation provider (xxx) could not be obtained. Translation provider has been disabled" and "The server is not responding. Please check that the server is available." But it is!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:16
English
Contact the owner of the Server Nov 13, 2013

Hi,

There could be various reasons for this, so best to contact the owner of the Server. Did you get an account on the server? Did they grant your user rights to the Server?

Did they simply forget to remove the link to their server and you are not supposed to use it anyways?

etc. These are questions that only the job giver can provide.

Cheers,
Luis

ELMTranslations  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:16
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried all of that! Nov 13, 2013

Thanks but still no joy! Will persevere.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening a server-based TM: server not available

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search