False termbase verification/Tag text termbase error
Thread poster: cross8308
cross8308
South Korea
Local time: 18:46
English to Korean
+ ...
Nov 14, 2013

Hi, I've been using Trados Studio 2011 for a while now, alone with the Multiterm 2011.
But recently I've been having this termbase issues arise (partially due to the fact that my termbase has grown exponentially in the few past months).

So here's the problem. I always Check the Box "Check for possible non-usage of target terms" in The Verification Settings in Terminology Verifier to make sure that my terms are properly translated in my sdlxliff files.

But when I run an sdlxliff file that is created from an XML, the terms are translated correctly, as I insert them from the termbase, but it pops up as an error saying that the "Target segement does not contain the translated term for "Current Term."

And second, when I run a verification, the termbase checker seems to catch the text in the source's tag settings, and it pops up as an error saying that the term was not properly translated.

i.e. If there was a tag with a reference to "abc" with the term for "abc" being in the termbase, it shows up as an error.

Is anyone else having a similar issue, and if so, is there a way to make sure that Trados can properly read from the Termbase?

I need answers here...T.T

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

False termbase verification/Tag text termbase error

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search