Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 13:41
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 15, 2013

Dear SDL,

I have made some search tests inside a few TMs i have (from the Translation Memory tab) and it appears that Studio isn't able to detect full strings of text during searches.

For example, if i am 100% sure a given string/segment is present inside the TM and i make a full string search, i'll get 0 results, but if i insert just the first two words (and no punctuation) of the same segment then it pops up.

Real example:
English: Exhaust gas temperature sensor
Italian: Sensore di temperatura gas di scarico

Search nr1: Exhaust gas temperature sensor

Italian result: 0

Search nr2: Exhaust gas
Italian result1: Exhaust gas temperature sensor
Italian result2: Exhaust gas control valve

I find this very limiting in scenarios where i have to perform deep searches for terminology and is extremely time stealing. Is this a bug or part of the design of the software?

Thanks in advance

Enrico

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:41
English
Can't repro Nov 21, 2013

Hello Enrico,

I can't reproduce this at all. I tested several full text searches and find them all. I'm not even sure what to suggest as you must be looking in the right place to even find the second search.

Can I see your TM so I can test this on the same data set as you?

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 and searches inside TMs - FOR SDL

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search