Enrico C - ECLC Taiwan Local time: 08:25 Member (2011) English to Italian + ...
Nov 15, 2013
I have made some search tests inside a few TMs i have (from the Translation Memory tab) and it appears that Studio isn't able to detect full strings of text during searches.
For example, if i am 100% sure a given string/segment is present inside the TM and i make a full string search, i'll get 0 results, but if i insert just the first two words (and no punctuation) of the same segment then it pops up.
English: Exhaust gas temperature sensor
Italian: Sensore di temperatura gas di scarico
Search nr1: Exhaust gas temperature sensor
Italian result: 0
Search nr2: Exhaust gas
Italian result1: Exhaust gas temperature sensor
Italian result2: Exhaust gas control valve
I find this very limiting in scenarios where i have to perform deep searches for terminology and is extremely time stealing. Is this a bug or part of the design of the software?
Thanks in advance
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.
With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.