Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:55
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Nov 18, 2013

On start-up Studio 2011 tells me my Java is outdated. I have now 1.7.0_25. Do you think I should do as told?

Hannu Jaatinen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:55
English to Finnish
+ ...
Update to version 40, not 45 Nov 18, 2013

Hi,

The last guaranteed version to work is update 40.

Version 45 causes problems in some computers so use version 40 if you want to update Java.

You can get it from here: http://www.oldapps.com/java.php

HTH, Hannu Jaatinen

[Edited at 2013-11-18 07:51 GMT]

Jonathan Fray
United States
Local time: 02:55
Member (2010)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Don't think so... Nov 18, 2013

If I where you I wouldn't update Java. They are always changing their security settings and cause many crashes and misfunctionings in many programs. The version that is shipped with Studio and that works with no problems is Java 7 Update 25. I would use that version and not let it update until SDL says differently...

jimshanks
Local time: 07:55
Dutch to English
Any progress on fixing Java issues? Nov 19, 2013

More for the SDL side here, Paul?
Any progress on fixing the Java issue with MultiTerm as I really need to update to the latest Java as it is now interfering with one of my supplier's websites.
I really want to keep MulitTerm working, but it is no good to me if I can't actually download my work from my supplier's site!
Cheers.
Jim

raimundo4u
English
No... Nov 19, 2013

One golden rule when using a pc: Never upgrade Java until you absolutely have to.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should I update Java?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search