Studio 2014 REVIEW RIBBON - Filter button
Thread poster: T o b i a s
Nov 18, 2013

Under the Review tab, the Studio 2014 filter seems to have two flavors:

A single button, which triggers a 5-button drop down menu;
A 5-button section of the ribbon, which is always open (i.e., accessible without a drop-down).

The 'single button' is severely limited since you waste so much time on mouse clicks and then the query gets hidden as soon as you hit enter. The '5-button section' on the review bar is much like the old style filter bar on Studio 2013 - an essential and fast tool.

How do I get the second variety, which somehow appeared for a few days, but has now disappeared on me?

TIA

[Edited at 2013-11-19 16:24 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

T o b i a s
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2014 ribbon behavior Nov 20, 2013

It turns out the problem has nothing to do with the Display Filter section of the ribbon per se: SDL specify a minimum resolution of 1280 x 1024. That’s exactly what I was using as a main screen, except that I run it in portrait mode so I only have 1024 horizontal pixels. If you squeeze the screen in Studio 2014 to below around 1106 pixels, the program starts to shrink the ribbon buttons to a mini version, in the case of the Review ribbon, first jettisoning the Display Filter and Quality Assurance, and then moving left to reduce the Track Changes, Comments, and File Actions sections.
Hopefully a future version of Studio 2014 will enable one to customize the ribbon, allowing for hiding of not-useful buttons and perhaps the inclusion of custom shortcuts. For one, I have no use for Track Changes, yet with the new version keep inadvertently turning it on by mistake.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 REVIEW RIBBON - Filter button

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search