Cannot save projects in the right place (Trados)
Thread poster: Karen Poot

Karen Poot  Identity Verified

Local time: 07:39
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 19, 2013

Hi all, I have a problem that is driving me nuts, and I cannot find a solution anywhere. Before all my projects I received from clients were saved at the usual map "SDL Trados - Projects", but now, for some reason, all the new projects are saved in an other map (all at the same, so a setting is probably changed somewhere). If I try to save the new project in the SDL map, I am not allowed. How can I change this back and what might I have done wrong? I am using Studio 2009. Thanks for our help!
Best regards,
Karen Poot

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You must create a new empty folder somewhere Nov 19, 2013

The file selector in that instance is very uncomfortable, this week I had this problem too. Now the project is in a "New folder", but at least it is where it should be. You can also move the folder after removing the project and open it again.

English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How can I change the settings? Nov 19, 2013

Thanks for your reaction, Heinrich. The thing is: I cannot decide where to save the new projects, if I try that, Trados doesn't seem to find the original files. Not even after finishing (I did that once and Trados didn't even open! I was glad I remembered where I got the file from and I placed it back).

What I would like to know is: how can I change the settings so Trados saves the new projects in the SDL map again?

Thanks!

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:39
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Save it where you want Nov 19, 2013

Studio asks where to save the project. You must navigate to the location and create an empty folder. Next time it will go automatically to the same folder and create a new folder beneath the prior one.
So in my case I navigated to the subfolder October and created a folder New folder. The project is in this folder. The next time, with the next project, Studio goes to the same folder October and suggests to save it in the folder of the project name.
The software always remembers the last location where the most recent project was saved.

English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 4, 2013

Hi Heinrich, sorry I didn't answer you properly. Thanks for this last advice, that really solved my problem. I must have saved one project in an other map once and made it all a mess. Thanks for you help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save projects in the right place (Trados)

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search