Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:56
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 25, 2004

I'm working on large file in TagEditor and need to track my daily progress, but I have never been interested in wordcount option of TagEditor before.
Could someone please help me to find a way to count how many words have been translated?
I know that there have been already some topics about this matter, but I can't find them through ProZ search and those ProZ links, which I found in Google simply open a list of Trados support subforum topics.
In case there is already an expla
... See more
I'm working on large file in TagEditor and need to track my daily progress, but I have never been interested in wordcount option of TagEditor before.
Could someone please help me to find a way to count how many words have been translated?
I know that there have been already some topics about this matter, but I can't find them through ProZ search and those ProZ links, which I found in Google simply open a list of Trados support subforum topics.
In case there is already an explanation in this forum, please just give me a link.

Thanks in advance,
Natalya
Collapse

RWSTranslation
RWSTranslation
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Wordcount Oct 25, 2004

Hello,
you can maka every day a new analysis of the project.
You will see, that the number of 100 % matches will be everey day higher,. If you finished your translation the 100 % matches (and repetitions) will be near 100 %

Hans

Per Riise (X)
Per Riise (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Workbench Oct 25, 2004

In the Workbench, go to Tools>Analyse and choose the file you're working on. Run an analysis and you'll know how many words you have left in a second (or several minutes if the file is large and the computer old). I do this every time I get bored.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 - TagEditor: please advise on wordcount method

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »