Changing icons for different SDL-file types
Thread poster: xxxVan Sambeek

xxxVan Sambeek
Local time: 13:11
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 21, 2013

In Studio 2011 I have different icons for the different file types (package-, TM-, project-files) but all files are opened with the same Studio 2011 if I double click on a such a file in the explorer.

Now I have installed Studio 2014 and therefore I want to open files standard with the 2014 version. So I changed the standard program coupled to the extensions from Studio 2011 into Studio 2014. But now all icons are the same, the standard icon for the studio.exe file. I cannot change the icon of a separate file, only the linked program. Is there any way to change this back, it was so easy to recognize files with a specific icon.......(so change only the icon, not the coupled program, I work with Windows 7)

Language Arts
United States
Local time: 07:11
Did you ever igure this out? Sep 4, 2014

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing icons for different SDL-file types

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search