weird behaviour of TM
Thread poster: LouisR
LouisR  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:35
English to French
Nov 21, 2013


I have a file that contains the word "beavertail" in my project files. But when I go to the TM and search for "beavertail" nothing is found.

I tried batch tasks > update TM. But it's still the same.

Any idea ?


Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:35
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Have you already translated that file? Nov 21, 2013

If yes, have you configured your TM to be updated during translation?
If yes - are you sure that you are checking in the right TM?

Best Regards

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:35
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
More suggestions Nov 21, 2013

In addition to Stanislav's suggestions, you might find some help in a troubleshooting blog post I wrote on updating TMs:

Maybe that will help?

Direct link Reply with quote
LouisR  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:35
English to French
One step was missing Nov 22, 2013

Thanks both of you
Thanks Emma for the tuto, one step was missing.
SDL Studio is definitely not intuitive software.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

weird behaviour of TM

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search