SDL Trados 2011/2014 Termbase Won't Recognize Repeated Terms in Source
Thread poster: guilhermesilva
Nov 23, 2013

I've always had this issue with Trados 2011, and now that I've upgraded to 2014, I've finally decided to look into it.

My termbase term recognition usually works fine, UNLESS the source segment contains more than one instance of a term. In that case, sometimes that term will be recognized, but most of the time, it won't.

This is becoming a serious issue as I'm getting incresingly more dependant on termbases to speed up my work.

In short, what I need is the red bracket for the termbase placeable to show up for every term in my termbase, even when there's more than one instance of the term in the source segment.

Thanks in advance.

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:00
English to Russian
This has been dicussed before Nov 23, 2013

In Studio 2011 select:
Tools > Options > AutoSuggest
and deselect "Hide suggestions which have aleady been used"

Best regards

guilhermesilva
Brazil
TOPIC STARTER
thanks, but... Nov 23, 2013

Hi, thanks for replying,

Unfortunately, I've already tried that and it won't work. In my problem, the repeated terms don't get recognized even once (not even a red bracket over the word)

MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 03:00
Italian to German
+ ...
Sublanguages in the Options Nov 23, 2013

In some cases you must define the right sublanguages in the Search Options of your termbase, make sure they corrispond to the target language of your project file when adding termbases into your project.

Else, I have no idea what's going wrong for you. Do terms generally appear in your editor / termbase window? If not, you should try one of the numerous Java workarounds propsed in this Trados forum, especially the one concerning Java 45 (I had problems that have all gone away after applying the KB solution for this one, although I didn't have Java update 45 installed).

Mike

guilhermesilva
Brazil
TOPIC STARTER
not quite Nov 24, 2013

To be honest, the languages in my termbase were not specified in sublanguges. So I've created a termbase from scratch with sublanguages enabled (EN-US -> PT-BR) to see if the problem would be solved and, even when opening a completely new file, the term recognition seems to skip most of the terms that show up more than twice in the source segment.

I don't know if this can help to explain my problem, but this person had the same error I have, except it was on trados 2009, and I can't find any equivalent of the tool she used to fix it at the time.

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/190664-trados_studio_2009:_cant_get_my_term_base_to_recognize_repeated_terms_in_the_source.html

Also, I have reverted back to Java Update 25, disabled the "Enable the next-generation Java Plug-in" (one of the SDL KB workarounds) and no luck so far

[Edited at 2013-11-24 10:26 GMT]

guilhermesilva
Brazil
TOPIC STARTER
Any ideas anyone? Nov 27, 2013

Any ideas anyone? I can't be the only one with this issue... it's the second Trados version I install that has this problem

Noelle Michel  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 03:00
Dutch to French
+ ...
Same issue here May 20, 2014

I have the same issue here (with SDL Trados 2011)...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011/2014 Termbase Won't Recognize Repeated Terms in Source

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search