Multiple Termbase Error
Thread poster: cross8308

South Korea
Local time: 22:07
English to Korean
+ ...
Nov 25, 2013

Hi, due to company policy, my Trados Team works with a EN to 1 Target language system termbase.
(I don't know why they decided to go this way..Management..pssh)

Anyways, when my team members attach the termbases when creating a project, it seems to only show the termbase from the default termbase (i.e. the first one that was selected), and the other languages does not get recognized.

For example, if I create a project with EN (source) to FR, FI, SV, RU (target), and set the FR termbase as default, when I check the term on the FR part, it works perfectly. But when I open the FI, SV, or RU portion of the project, it shows up as the EN term.
However, if I set the default termbase as the target language, apparently the correct termbase pops up.

Anyone else having this issue, and if so, care to share any solutions?

Thank you in advance.


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple Termbase Error

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search