Multiple Termbase Error
Thread poster: cross8308
cross8308
South Korea
Local time: 08:34
English to Korean
+ ...
Nov 25, 2013

Hi, due to company policy, my Trados Team works with a EN to 1 Target language system termbase.
(I don't know why they decided to go this way..Management..pssh)

Anyways, when my team members attach the termbases when creating a project, it seems to only show the termbase from the default termbase (i.e. the first one that was selected), and the other languages does not get recognized.

For example, if I create a project with EN (source) to FR, FI, SV, RU (target), and set the FR termbase as default, when I check the term on the FR part, it works perfectly. But when I open the FI, SV, or RU portion of the project, it shows up as the EN term.
However, if I set the default termbase as the target language, apparently the correct termbase pops up.

Anyone else having this issue, and if so, care to share any solutions?

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple Termbase Error

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search