Trados Studio 2011 Fails to insert from TM, even for TU's with 100% matches [SOLVED]
Thread poster: Crystal5678
Crystal5678
United States
Local time: 22:01
Nov 25, 2013

This is a new problem, after many years of using Trados. I am working on a familiar project, and I know the TU's already exist in my TM, many of them with 100% matches. But the Memory/Concordance window tells me "no matches found", and no text gets inserted in the target portion of my work. When I select the entire source TU and use the Concordance search (F3), I do find the TU and the translation, which still does not insert authomatically. I have to manually copy and paste the target translation from the Memory/Concordance window. This of course takes a huge amount of time.
I am using Studio 2011 SP2R, with Windows 7 Home, which is what I have used previously without problem. I have not updated my system or changed anything since the last project. The project settings are all correct. I am drawing from 2 memories, one being my own, which accumulates years of work (including similar projects), and the other directly related to this particular project, and provided by the client. I tested by disabling each of these two memories separately, but nothing fixed the problem. The files are all Word files (.doc). The source language is English. The target is Arabic.
Help???

[Edited at 2013-11-25 02:46 GMT]

Edit: Solved. Kept searching ProZ and found this:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/258382-studio_2014:_matches_not_getting_served.html
Thank you Nora Diaz for a solution that worked.

[Edited at 2013-11-25 06:17 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 Fails to insert from TM, even for TU's with 100% matches [SOLVED]

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search