Thread poster: Pali Baran
Pali Baran
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:38
English to Czech
+ ...
Nov 26, 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm having problems with the update - I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2011 10.1.2880.3 SP1 (on WIN XP SP3) and there are available updates for this version. After the start of the application an update windows pops up (i.e. automatic update is enabled), recommending the download of the updates from my account.

OK, so I've created an account as required (didn't have any), but the "My downloads" section is empty. No wonder, as I see it, anyone can register to the SDL and create an account and during the registration I wasn't prompt to enter any details like my Studio version or registration key or something like that, so I guess "My account" doesn't even know what updates it should offer.

I've browsed the KB, found the files with the updates, have downloaded it, but the install doesn't work. I've downloaded the Studio-KB4536-11 file, as well as the Studio-KB4077-6 (which I don't need, I suppose, as it should contain only the patches I already have in my version) but all I get is a Windows Installer message, that the file can't be installed, 'cause the program is missing. I've tried installing the Studio-KB4077-6, install works fine, but nothing changes of course, as it installs only the patches I have.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help,
Pali zihac

Direct link Reply with quote

Pali Baran
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No suggestions? Nov 28, 2013

SDL support, thanks for your help (sarcasm)

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Solution Finder Nov 28, 2013

Hi Pali

You should download and install preferable SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2R that should be available for downlaod in your My Account area.

The Cumulaitve Updates you tried to install need SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2R and not work when you try to install these where only SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1 is installed.

If you need help, please open a Solution Finder case and also provide your email and preferable the Order Number.

You can find the Solution Finder here:
http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf

Regards
Richard

United Kingdom
English
If you're using Studio... Nov 28, 2013

... then you must have an account already. Why did you create another one with nothing in it? The same place you downloaded Studio from when you purchased it is where you'll get this update from.

It almost sounds as though you don't have Studio installed at all and you are trying to install the updates from the KB onto nothing. At least that's what this message suggests “cause the program is missing

Regards

Paul

Pali Baran
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Paul Nov 28, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

... then you must have an account already. Why did you create another one with nothing in it? The same place you downloaded Studio from when you purchased it is where you'll get this update from.

It almost sounds as though you don't have Studio installed at all and you are trying to install the updates from the KB onto nothing. At least that's what this message suggests “cause the program is missing

Regards

Paul

Paul, I'm sorry, but my first sentence starts with stating the Studio version I have installed, why would I mention it if it wasn't installed?
I'm an external translator for a worldwide corporation, which equips its translators with notebooks and then installs software using the remote access. After enabling the Autoupdate function popped up the window with the SP2 notification. I have of course contacted my local manager, as well as their contact person for the European region, but neither of them knew anything about some SDL account details, THAT being the reason, why I've created my account.

I thought it isn't such a problem for you to direct me e.g. to some link, where I can find the right updates, what would help me a lot.
I have the Studio installed, you know my version, I can provide you with my email, activation code, screenshots or whatever it is, that would help you to resolve my problem.

Regards,
Pali

Pali Baran
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To Richard Nov 28, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Pali

You should download and install preferable SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2R that should be available for downlaod in your My Account area.

The Cumulaitve Updates you tried to install need SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2R and not work when you try to install these where only SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP1 is installed.

If you need help, please open a Solution Finder case and also provide your email and preferable the Order Number.

You can find the Solution Finder here:
http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf

Regards
Richard

Richard, thanks for your reply, please see my answer to Paul's message. I do not have anything in my account, as the Studio has been installed using the remote access to my notebook. I can easily provide you with all the information about my Studio, so that you could provide me with the updates, if possible.

Regards,
Pali

United Kingdom
English
If Studio has been installed remotely.... Nov 29, 2013

... then surely your IT team should do the update?

However, if you do as Richard suggested and provide the details in the Solution Finder that will allow us to verify your account then the Support team will be able to help you. The Solution Finder will allow you to log a support case.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: won't update from SP1 to newest version

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search