Thread poster: Pali Baran
Pali Baran
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:31
English to Czech
+ ...
Nov 26, 2013

Hi everyone,

I'd be very grateful for any hints on the following issue - for the past couple of days I've been experiencing problems with the SDL Trados Preview function. Doesn't make any difference, if I try the "Print preview" bilingual function or the "View in web browser as target" function, the result in browser is always the very same - Page not found.

For all I know, my procedure hasn't change a bit. I finish the translation and:
1) press F8 and go through the warnings displayed,
2) hit ctrl+P for Print preview and save the pdf
3) hit the tab View target (must switch between Print preview and Web browser XML), copy and paste the text, modify and save the word document,
4) save the target language file,
5) close the project

This problem sometimes occured, but it was easily solved by going to the File menu and hitting the Print preview from there or by changing the View in tab from Web browser to Print preview on the main screen. Somehow none of these seem to work now.

Possibly useful remarks:
- I've tried restarting the SDL
- I've tried restarting the notebook
- no system/application updates installed in the meantime
- no configuration changed
- I'm using the WIN XP SP3 and Chrome

Maybe I'm missing something and the solution is evident, but unfortunately I'm unable to find it.

Thanks for any help,
Pali zihac

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Preview in browser suddenly doesn't work

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search