Blue screen when accessing TM from Trados STudio 2011
Thread poster: TFisch

TFisch  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:00
English to French
Nov 26, 2013

Hi,

after a crash of my hard disk (and not enough time to obtain another one and manage a full re-installation), I decided to use a second PC (Windows 7) I already have to install Trados Studio 2011. All is OK except that each time I try to access to one of my translation memories, I immediately obtain a "blue screen of the death". This is the case when I try to open a TM from the Translation Memories tab and also from the Project Parameters. It's not an erratic behavior, it happens each time I try to access TM.

I uninstalled Trados and re-installed it, but no changes.

Did any of you already encountered this problem? And if yes, how did you solve it?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Thierry Fisch
www.fisch-translations.eu

Direct link Reply with quote

George Hopkins
Local time: 03:00
Swedish to English
Make sure Nov 26, 2013

Make sure that everything is plugged in firmly.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blue screen when accessing TM from Trados STudio 2011

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search