Change created by system field in Translation Memory, Studio 2014
Thread poster: jimshanks

jimshanks
Local time: 23:42
Dutch to English
Nov 26, 2013

I recall seeing an easy way to change the created by system field in Studio 2014 (Emma's blog?) but cannot find it again.
Does anyone recall how to do this?
Thanks
Jim

SOLVED.
I have remembered! Here it is in case anyone else has forgotten.
File > Setup > Users > Edit
then change the TM User ID field to what you want it to be.

[Edited at 2013-11-26 12:43 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

PeterZHAO
China
It doesn't work Aug 28, 2014

jimshanks wrote:

I recall seeing an easy way to change the created by system field in Studio 2014 (Emma's blog?) but cannot find it again.
Does anyone recall how to do this?
Thanks
Jim

SOLVED.
I have remembered! Here it is in case anyone else has forgotten.
File > Setup > Users > Edit
then change the TM User ID field to what you want it to be.

[Edited at 2013-11-26 12:43 GMT]

I use the same way to change the created by, but it doesn't work. My trados is Trados 2014 SP1

judithsca
South Korea
Local time: 07:12
German to English
+ ...
Since upgrading to Trados 2014 SP2 wrong USER ID May 10, 2015

I have the same issue - since upgrading to SP2 of 2014, my ruddy trados is taking the user ID from the laptop's configuration (which is not the name I want in my TM!), and blatantly ignoring the setting under User ID, even after I click on edit. Has anyone else had this issue? Has anyone found a fix?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change created by system field in Translation Memory, Studio 2014

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search