Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 17:29
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2013

Hello,

I am not very good at this XML stuff. I have checked a couple of postings for samples etc. But they didn't really help with my situation.

I have an XML file which contains Source and Target texts. Trados imports and works on XML files. But I was wondering if it would be possible to exclude source at the file type level. Otherwise, source and target are both included in the translation window which causes some confusion.

I have checked custom xml rule and tried to make "source" attribute(?) non-translatable or be excluded and not to be displayed in the translation window. But, I couldn't succeed.

It is not very important. But it would contribute a lot if this is resolved. I have included s small part of it. Between the source attribute text type varies from title to paragraph.

Thank you for help in advance
Best
Hakan Kiyici

There are for opening and closing which I deleted here to show the code.

nodes
element ignore="false" modified="false" type="title"
source lang="English"
text type="title"My source text to translate /text
/source target action="Translate" /target /element
element ignore="false" modified="false" type="teaser"
source lang="English"text type="teaser"My source text o translate. /text /source
target action="Translate"
text type="teaser" id="d1e22" My target translated text. /text /target /element

[Edited at 2013-11-27 03:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XML parsing in file type, excluding some part or element or source

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search