Does opening TTX files in Studio 2011 take longer or is it me?
Thread poster: Hakan Kiyici

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:38
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 27, 2013

Hello,

I have noticed that opening, saving and taking analysis of TTX files take longer than normal.

Previously I thought it was my PC. But, I have a faster one now and it is still the same.

The recent file I had is a TTX file of 20k. I did not time the saving but taking analysis (because Trados is not accurately displaying wordcount live for some reason), I see from analysis report that it took 20 mins or so.

Is it me or the file or it has something to do with TTX and Studio?

Thank you

Hakan

[Edited at 2013-11-27 03:11 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:38
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Yes, it takes longer Nov 27, 2013

Yes, TTX processing takes longer than other filetypes. This has been improved in Studio 2014.

You should make sure that you disable "Generate Document Structure Information" in the compatibility section of the ttx filetype before you open a ttx / add it to a project. That should speed things up.

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:38
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Nov 27, 2013

Thank you for the tip.

2014 will have to wait for another couple of month due to other financial priorities.

I will check it with live file shortly.

All the best.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does opening TTX files in Studio 2011 take longer or is it me?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search