Trados 2014 - Opening old version package and delivering project for Studio 2009
Thread poster: Christian Olivo (X)

Christian Olivo (X)
Italy
Local time: 10:01
English to Italian
+ ...
Nov 27, 2013

Dear colleagues,

I am kind of desperate. This morning I got a Studio 2009 project from an agency. When opening it in Trados 2014 (this is the first time I use it), I am prompted a message saying that I need to upgrade the project to the new version in order to continue. Which I do. But then I am not able to work on it on another computer where I still have Studio 2009. Meaning: the agency itself would not be able to open it!

Summarizing: how can I open a Studio 2009 project in Studio 2014 and deliver a version which can be opened by agenecies still having Studio 2009?

Any help much appreciated!

Christian Olivo (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any idea? :( Nov 30, 2013

Still desperate...

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
.sdlxliff files Nov 30, 2013

you could tell the agency about the problem, and send them the .sdlxliff files and the project TM.
it isn't really necessary to send a return package.
(the bilingual .sdlxliff files are in the folder of your project, in your target language subfolder).
the agency should be able to handle things perfectly with these deliveries.

good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 - Opening old version package and delivering project for Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search