Thread poster: Josée Bayeur

Josée Bayeur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:20
English to French
+ ...
Nov 27, 2013

Hello there,

Working with SDL Trados Studio 2014, I need to have my hyperlinks point to the French versions of websites, so I followed all instructions, under options, in file types, html4, parser, element A, attribute href, true, always translatable, ok, ok, ok. It doesn't work, it doesn't give me the translatable parts. I have just now, today, updated Studio 2014 to the latest version 3688, hoping it would do something, but no. I updated Java, now that it should be safe. No change. I tried the instructions in the SDL knowledge base, adding an element condition , ok, ok, always translatable, tag type: inline. I close everything, reopen, no change. I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Josée

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:20
English
You seem to have done this correctly... Nov 28, 2013

... and it works for me:

So perhaps you can check the following:

1. That you made the change in the options prior to converting the file to sdlxliff
2. That you are making the change in the right place (Project settings vs File->Options)
3. That you are changing the right html filetype (we have html5 as well)

I know these are probably obvious to you but it does sound as though the changes you have made are simply not being seen because they are not in the filetype being used.

Regards

Paul

Josée Bayeur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:20
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Nov 29, 2013

Thanks Paul,

It was that I had to start a new project, the problem was that I kept expecting it to work right away. The weird thing is with a new project, the same files now were HTML5!! So I repeated the changes under that and it worked!

Thanks again,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

href attribute not translatable

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search