Problem translating TTX files in Studio 2011
Thread poster: ddnn
ddnn
Japan
Local time: 15:06
Nov 29, 2013

Hi, I was wondering if somebody can give me any assistance.

I have to translate a TTX file in Studio 2011, but the ID numbers assigned to each translation unit in the original TTX are altered after translation.

Steps:
1. Open TTX in Studio 2011 and translate
2. Save as SDLXLIFF
3. Convert the SDLXLIFF into TTX using a converter from OpenExchange.

In the original TTX, there are ID numbers assigned to each TU which looks like below:

The problem is that these ID numbers are destroyed in the resulting TTX after conversion (or perhaps already destroyed when I'm forced to save the SDLXLIFF in the first place), and this cannot be accepted in my work situation.

In the resulting TTX, the ID number looks like below:
<seg id="1" pid="0add7411-7f32-4d1b-a109-b3477364c7c9" status="Translated" locked="False" match="No Match">

Is there anyway I can just simply overwrite the original TTX or convert to a cleaner TTX after translation, so that the ID numbers are altered?

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:06
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Save Target As Nov 29, 2013

When you done translating the TTX file, proceed to finalize the project or use the Save Target As (Ctrl+F12) command to create the translated (bilingual) TTX file.
This should preserve the original information, I think.

Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:06
German to Polish
+ ...
Exactly the opposite Nov 29, 2013

Shai Nave wrote:

When you done translating the TTX file, proceed to finalize the project or use the Save Target As (Ctrl+F12) command to create the translated (bilingual) TTX file.
This should preserve the original information, I think.

After you are done with the translation, go to File -> Save SOURCE as -> ttx.

In this way you have a translated, bilingual ttx file. No convertion is needed.

Regards

A.

ddnn
Japan
Local time: 15:06
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you to both Nov 30, 2013

Hi Shai, Andrzej,

Thank you for responding quickly.

Shai's method (Save Target As) worked
I had actually tried this a couple of times before posting but it didn't work, I'm guessing that this error happens whenever you save the sdlxliff first then save target as ttx.

Best,
ddnn

Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
just finalize the project Dec 1, 2013

no conversion or exporting is needed

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Doesn't work for me Dec 5, 2013

Hello, I have tried all the methods listed here to create a ttx file again after importing a ttx file into Studio 2011 and translating it.

The Save source as... and Save target as... commands do not offer the ttx format. Only as "Original format file", but the program tries to save as .doc, and NOT as ttx.

I have also tried to finalize the project and I just see the original ttx file intact in my computer, no new ttx file has been created, and my original ttx file has not been overwritten with my translation.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2013-12-05 12:27 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem translating TTX files in Studio 2011

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search