Thread poster: Mark Vadim Bukat
Mark Vadim Bukat
Mark Vadim Bukat  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 12:41
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 1, 2013

I'm doing my first job in Studio 2011 (only worked with 2007 and older soft before), so hope you guys can excuse my question. I believe the answer is right on the surface but I somehow can't find it.

The situation is like the following:

0 - I see a mistake in target lang window
1 - TM window shows 2 suggestions, both wrong
2 - I can't find the way to add my own version as the 3rd one
3 - If I enter my version right into target language window:

... See more
I'm doing my first job in Studio 2011 (only worked with 2007 and older soft before), so hope you guys can excuse my question. I believe the answer is right on the surface but I somehow can't find it.

The situation is like the following:

0 - I see a mistake in target lang window
1 - TM window shows 2 suggestions, both wrong
2 - I can't find the way to add my own version as the 3rd one
3 - If I enter my version right into target language window:
  3a - my version totally replaces whatever TM suggests
  3b - percent shown in middle column remains unchanged (say, 92); CM indicator appears. as I have totally re-done this segment I'm not happy with the same percen!
4 - If I opt to F2 or "Edit Translation Unit":
  4a - I can send my version from TM window to target language window by clicking on that green-n-yellow barrel, but still my version totally replaces the TM suggeststion I edited rather than appears as a separate suggestion
  4b - percent remains unchanged
  4c - exclamation mark appears in the yellow warning line at the bottom of TM window, with a message "Different target in translation memory", plus a hint offering me to either "Apply translation", or "Add as a new translation"
5 - I can "Apply translation" no problem but again, it doesn't add my version to the TM, and the main problem is that "Add as a new translation" remains a mission impossible as I cannot find any icon or menu for adding a new translation altogether.

I do NOT wish to update the entire TM. I only wish to add one version to the existing two.

The manual says little about editing fuzzy matches, and nothing at all about adding new translations to TM.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2013-12-01 11:55 GMT]
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:41
English to French
+ ...
Ctrl+Shift+U Dec 1, 2013

is the shortcut to add as new.

HTH,

Bernard

Mark Vadim Bukat
Mark Vadim Bukat  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 12:41
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx! Dec 1, 2013

HTH

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: adding new translation to TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »