Studio 2011: adding new translation to TM
Thread poster: Mark Vadim Bukat

Mark Vadim Bukat  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:10
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 1, 2013

I'm doing my first job in Studio 2011 (only worked with 2007 and older soft before), so hope you guys can excuse my question. I believe the answer is right on the surface but I somehow can't find it.

The situation is like the following:

0 - I see a mistake in target lang window
1 - TM window shows 2 suggestions, both wrong
2 - I can't find the way to add my own version as the 3rd one
3 - If I enter my version right into target language window:
  3a - my version totally replaces whatever TM suggests
  3b - percent shown in middle column remains unchanged (say, 92); CM indicator appears. as I have totally re-done this segment I'm not happy with the same percen!
4 - If I opt to F2 or "Edit Translation Unit":
  4a - I can send my version from TM window to target language window by clicking on that green-n-yellow barrel, but still my version totally replaces the TM suggeststion I edited rather than appears as a separate suggestion
  4b - percent remains unchanged
  4c - exclamation mark appears in the yellow warning line at the bottom of TM window, with a message "Different target in translation memory", plus a hint offering me to either "Apply translation", or "Add as a new translation"
5 - I can "Apply translation" no problem but again, it doesn't add my version to the TM, and the main problem is that "Add as a new translation" remains a mission impossible as I cannot find any icon or menu for adding a new translation altogether.

I do NOT wish to update the entire TM. I only wish to add one version to the existing two.

The manual says little about editing fuzzy matches, and nothing at all about adding new translations to TM.

Thank you!

[Edited at 2013-12-01 11:55 GMT]

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:10
English to French
+ ...
Ctrl+Shift+U Dec 1, 2013

is the shortcut to add as new.

HTH,

Bernard

Mark Vadim Bukat  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:10
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx! Dec 1, 2013

HTH

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: adding new translation to TM

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search