Thread poster: gio11
gio11
Italy
Local time: 19:59
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 1, 2013

Help!!
I'm in a big trouble! I'm working with Trados 2011 and I tried to get a translated file with "SAve Target as..." but it was impossible.
The displayed message was:
Tag removed.
I guess I removed a tag (in the source) by accident, but now I'm not able to complete reviewing the document. I need to use the "Find and replace" function, and it doesn't work.
Please Help me, I'm terriby late.
Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Try pressing F8... Dec 1, 2013

... which runs the verification check. This should show up the missing tag and you can put it back.

Regards

Paul

gio11
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
already done Dec 1, 2013

Thank you Paul, I did it firstly and I found where the tag has been removed. But It was removed both in the source segment and in the target. I don't know how to restore it.
A very serious problem (another!) is that it's impossible to use the "Find and Replace" function. In reviewing a technical document of 22.000 words, many of which are repeated, this means additional hours of work.

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 20:59
English to Hebrew
+ ...
If it is a DOC/DOCX file Dec 1, 2013

Read How to Solve an Error when Trying to Save Target Document in SDL Studio (especially if you are working with a DOC/DOCX) files.

Although possible, it is unlikely that you have deleted a tag from the source. It is more likely that this is a missing bookmark/other structural issue in the source document.

For diagnosis purposes, try to create a new project from the source file and immediately afterwards try to save it as the target document. If it fails, then the problem is with the source document (which you may or may not be able to solve), but if it saves correctly then something went wrong mid-project. In the latter case, use the TM from the already completed project to translate the new project.

gio11
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the problem arose during the review Dec 1, 2013

I'm pretty sure that something went wrong mid-project. I was running the "Find and Replace" and an error message has been displayed. I don' remember the text, but immediatly after that, the function stopped working, and then I was unable to save the target.
Something similar happened to me two days later, but in that case the document was much shorter, so I managed it manually.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL trados 2011: tag removed in source segment

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search