Number of terms recognized depending on segment size?
Thread poster: Stefan Krause

Stefan Krause  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:11
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 2, 2013

Hi all,

I run the latest version of Studio 2014 with Java 25 and I noticed that sometimes random terms in my termbase are not recognized. Even within the same document, terms are sometimes recognized in one segment while in another segment they are not.

This seems to be somehow connected to the segment size. In this screen shot:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=CBBC37D216F51FF9&id=CBBC37D216F51FF9!199&v=3

the segment no. 35 is rather long. In item 3.) starting with “Exit criteria”, some terms that are in my termbase such as “root cause” or “contain” are not recognized.

I divided this segment 35 into two shorter ones, 35a and 35b, as shown in this screenshot:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=CBBC37D216F51FF9&id=CBBC37D216F51FF9!197&v=3

Now the terms that were missing before are recognized.

Is this a bug or is there a setting that prevents this from happening? I would really like all the terms that are in my termbase to be actually recognized in a segment regardless of its size. Thanks in advance for your help!

-Stefan

Direct link Reply with quote

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Confirmed bug Dec 2, 2013

This is a confirmed bug (present at least since Studio 2011), which I'm frequently suffering from as well. Most annoying.

I'm not sure if this really depends on the length of the segment, as it can happen in quite short ones as well.

[Bearbeitet am 2013-12-02 15:20 GMT]

Stefan Krause  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Dec 2, 2013

OK, at least now I know I'm not alone. It's very annoying indeed, let's hope they will fix it soon.

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Don't hold your breath. Dec 2, 2013

Stefan Krause wrote:

let's hope they will fix it soon.

Well, since this bug has been present for a couple of years already (probably since Studio 2009 first came out), I wouldn't hold my breath...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Number of terms recognized depending on segment size?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search