Thread poster: Maria Grazia Weiner

Maria Grazia Weiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:26
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2013

A new issue has arisen re the incompatibility between Java and MultiTerm/Studio 2014.
Please note that, following the tips given in the Forum, I duly uninstalled Java 7 and reinstalled the previous version (6) and all worked fine (automatic upgraded included). But today a new problem has arisen.

I wanted to update a term directly from Studio, as I have done countless times recently. MultiTerm windows eventually opened in Studio. But, when I clicked on the Edit icon from within the window, the Java 7update45 download screen appeared. I tried to get rid of it, but to no avail. Every time I try and edit a term (and I have tried several just to make sure) the Java 7u45 download reappears. I have also tried to download and save the Java exe file without installing it, restart the computer etc. all without success. What's worse is that, after opening MultiTerm 2014, I cannot edit the terms directly either as the Edit icon is greyed out and the Ctrl+F2 doesn't work.

Any suggestion on how to solve this problem which is quickly becoming a huge inconvenience?
Thanks
Grazia

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 16:26
English to Hebrew
+ ...
CU2 should solve this issue Dec 2, 2013

Make sure to install Studio's Cumulative Update 2, as explained in the article Update November 27th, 2013: Cumulative Update Released.

If for some reason it doesn't solve the issue, you can use the instructions in the above article for reverting back to the previous Java version and disabling Java Autoupdates.
However, before reverting back to an older version of Java, and after you installed CU2, try the following:
  1. In Studio, make sure that the File > Options > Java Runtime Engine Start up > Start Java Runtime Engine when starting SDL Trados Studio check box is selected > Restart Studio and try again.

2. Go to the Java control panel (from Windows control panel) and:
    A) Under the Security tab click the 'Restore Security Prompts', restart Studio and try again.
    B) If didn't help, try to incrementally lower the security settings for testing purposes.

[Edited at 2013-12-03 13:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New problem with SDL MultiTerm 2014/Studio 2014/Java

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search