Thread poster: xxxAlyeser
xxxAlyeser
Italy
Local time: 14:59
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 4, 2013

Hi everyone!

I'm having troubles opening execel 2003 files with sdl trados 2011, I click on open document and then open translation memory and everything seems to work allright but as soon as trados loads the file for translation I get an error message that reads: "Eccezione generata dalla destinazione di chiamata" . This only happens for xls files.
However trados 2011 is supposed to support this format so I can't figure out what the problem is.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Alice

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 15:59
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Make sure MS Office is up to date Dec 4, 2013

This error is quite general so there isn't a lot to work with here.
First thing that I would do is make sure both your MS Office (via Windows update) and SDL Studio are up to date, including all Service Packs (for Studio 2011 there is already SP2).

If the problem persists, I would try to reset Studio, as follows:

Close Studio (or kill Studio related running processes) and reset Studio as follows:
Windows XP:
Navigate to:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User_Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\SDL
and rename (or delete; it is advised to create a back up and not just delete them) the 'SDL Trados Studio'.

Windows Vista/7/8:
Navigate to:
C:\Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Local\SDL and rename (or delete; it is advised to create a back up and not just delete them) the 'SDL Trados Studio'.

Specifically you need to rename or delete the following three files inside the SDL Trados Studio folder:
BaseSettings.xml
plugincache.xml
UserSettings.xml

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 fails to load xls files

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search