Freelance 2014 doesn't count work progress
Thread poster: Olav Karlsen

Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 09:37
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Dec 5, 2013

During my work yesterday I noticed that Trados 2014 no longer counts how far I have got in the translation progress. The 2011 edition showed this in the editor window in the information toolbar at the bottom, and the New edition has the same toolbar, but it seems as if the number doesn't update from 0. What do I need to do to make the counter check the progress?

Regina Seelos  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Have you tried saving first? Dec 5, 2013

Hi Olav,

I have no experience with 2014 yet (still work with 2011) but sometimes it helps if you save the document. The new wordcount is displayed then.

Best,
Regina

Olav Karlsen
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Saving the document doesn't help Dec 5, 2013

I thought so, too. It doesn't help.

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:37
English to Spanish
Confirmation Statistics Dec 5, 2013

Hi Olav,

1. Save

2. Click on the "Files" tab in the bottom left corner of Studio's window

3. Click on the "Confirmation Statistics" tab at the bottom of Studio's window

You will see all the updated data you need right there.

Good luck

EDIT: I just confirmed, and this applies not only to Studio 2011, the version I have, but to Studio 2014 as well.

[Edited at 2013-12-05 16:49 GMT]

jimshanks
Local time: 08:37
Dutch to English
Run a batch task Dec 6, 2013

When this happens to me I run the Translation Count batch task to update the current translation statistics.
On the Home tab of the ribbon click the batch task icon (gearwheel) and then select translation count from the drop down menu.
This will update the count for you.
Jim

Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
+ ...
Problem with progress bars in Studio 2014 Dec 20, 2013

Hello there,

I have a similar problem but with the status bars in Studio 2014.

I have translated everything in the project but some progress bars (of some chapters) in the "file" view do not update.

They still show that only some percent has been translated (the amount of pre-translated words)

I would have posted a screenshot, but I don't know how to paste it in here...

I have tried the solution suggested here. It doesn't change anything.

Does anyone has an idea how to update the progress bars in the Files view?

Thanks and a wonderful christmas time to everyone!
Leena

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance 2014 doesn't count work progress

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search