Thread poster: Stacey Martin
Stacey Martin
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:38
French to English
+ ...
Dec 5, 2013

Hi,

I am new to SDL Trados (2011) and I am translating from Arabic into English. At the top of the document is a logo which must be localised into English, but I'm not sure how to do it.

The file is an html file, and my deadline is by tomorrow morning at the latest (ideally tonight).

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm sorry if it's quite a silly question!

Thanks!
Stacey

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:38
English
You have two options... Dec 5, 2013

... the first is to get the source image file and then edit the text in it using the application that created it. The second is to see if there is a some way to edit the text with an image editing tool... although that could be a bit messy.

The third, which I didn't mention but which may be the most sensible is to ask your client to do that unless you specifically took on the task of translating the images too?

Regards

Paul

Stacey Martin
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:38
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Dec 6, 2013

Thank you Paul, I'll give these a go!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Image localisation Arabic - English

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search