Multiple-source language projects??
Thread poster: sentrodil

sentrodil
Turkey
Local time: 02:00
Dec 5, 2013

Hi folks,
I know that multiple-target language projects are possible, but so far, multiple source language projects are NOT possible... Is there a way to do this WITHOUT opening a new project?

Paul?

thanks!

O.M.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
benefits? Dec 5, 2013

Hi Omer,

I don't use Studio, so I don't know if it possible in the latest version 2014 but why do you want to create projects with multiple source languages? To simplify project management or to benefit from already available translations in other languages?

Please have a look at http://www.proz.com/forum/omegat_support/238939-translating_from_a_secondary_source_language_in_omegat.html AFAIK the only CAT tool supporting this feature is OmegaT.

------
I am sure that Igor, developer of CafeTran can add this feature in a nightly build if requestedicon_smile.gif

Selcuk

[Edited at 2013-12-05 16:20 GMT]

sentrodil
Turkey
TOPIC STARTER
german-english mixed docs Dec 5, 2013

Merhaba Selçuk,

we get many documents which include German and English text, so opening 2 different projects for the same file is cumbersome. It would be nice to select to be able to change the TM/language pair mid-document, at will. This is actually possible in pre-Studio Trados (if you work directly in Word instead of Tageditor) or Wordfast or similar "work in Word with a template" type CAT tools.

I gather, this is not possible in "import into specific format, work on it, export into original format" type CAT tools, be it Trados Studio, DejaVu, memoQ etc.

thanks anyway..

Ömer

AnyTM Feb 20, 2014

Hello,

There is now actually an OpenExchange app that allows you to do exactly what you are asking for. It's called AnyTM.

Have a look over here: http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/anytmtranslationprovider-524.html?c=50860#50860.

Cheers,
Erik

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiple-source language projects??

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search