https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/260827-cannot_open_some_sample_files.html

Cannot open some sample files
Thread poster: Christine Christensen
Christine Christensen
Christine Christensen
Denmark
Local time: 02:21
Danish to English
Dec 5, 2013

I have just done the SDL Trados 2014 Getting Started Part One. I was asked to download the training manual (worked OK) and some sample files to work on. However, I cannot open The Auto Suggest file (a BPM file) and the Termbase (BPM) specifically the sample-english.mtf. How do I open these? what do I use? I have used winzip to download but I can´t open these formats. Can you help?

Thanks in advance!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:21
English
Did you follow the training? Dec 5, 2013

Hi Christine,

These files you mention are not translatable files. The BPM refers to an AutoSuggest Dictionary, and the MTF is a MultiTerm termbase index file.

So you select the BPM when you add an autosuggest dictionary, and you would do nothing with the MTF as this is just an index created when you open the SDLTB.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open some sample files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »