marek tesina
marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 13:25
English to Czech
+ ...
Dec 5, 2013

Hello eveyone,

I've jsut purchased Trados Studio 2014. I believe I've seen somewhere that there is no need to uninstall previous versions of Trados. Anyway, when I've tried to install the SW, I've got this messahge in the progress: This product cannot be installed on amachine that has SDL Trados 2007 on it. Please remove Trados 2007 and try again.

Is that really so, do I have to uninstall the 2007?

Thanks for help.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
no need to uninstall Dec 5, 2013

hi Marek,
that is really weird. there is no need to uninstall Trados 2007, at least the Trados 2007 Suite.
I have it, together with Studio 2011 and Studio 2014, on the same computer.
good luck!

Mohamed Kamel
Mohamed Kamel  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Not true! Dec 5, 2013

marek tesina wrote:

Hello eveyone,

I've jsut purchased Trados Studio 2014. I believe I've seen somewhere that there is no need to uninstall previous versions of Trados. Anyway, when I've tried to install the SW, I've got this messahge in the progress: This product cannot be installed on amachine that has SDL Trados 2007 on it. Please remove Trados 2007 and try again.

Is that really so, do I have to uninstall the 2007?

Thanks for help.

That's not true. I have Trados 2007, 2011 and 2014 installed and all is OK. Maybe you can try to install 2014 first. In this case, you have to uninstall 2007, then install 2014 first, after that 2007, but be careful for license.

marek tesina
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dec 6, 2013

Thank you for your answers. I will contact my supplier and see what they can say about it. It does not seem right, everywhere I can see taht Studio 2014 can run with all of the older versions installed. It is just my luck. Anyway, thanks for your inputs. Marek

marek tesina
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Dec 11, 2013

Thanks both of you for your answers. What I did was I've uninstalled the Trados 2007, installed Studio 2014 and then I've installed Trados 2007 again. Now it looks like everything is working just fine. So once again, thank you for your help. Marek

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
thx Dec 11, 2013

marek tesina wrote:

Thanks both of you for your answers. What I did was I've uninstalled the Trados 2007, installed Studio 2014 and then I've installed Trados 2007 again. Now it looks like everything is working just fine. So once again, thank you for your help. Marek

hope your solution helps others too!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 and Trados 2007

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »