Solving the delay when adding/editing terminology in Studio and MultiTerm 2014
Thread poster: Shai Navé

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:54
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Dec 7, 2013

I wrote a short article in which I (superficially) explore the mechanism causing this delay and suggest a workaround to mitigate it. The resulted performance gain is achieved by sacrificing a little on the security side, but for most users this security compromise is minimal, especially for those who do a lot of terminology editing for whom the performance gain probably outweighs that security compromise.

For the full article http://goo.gl/2G7oAC

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 07:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
thx Dec 7, 2013

thanks Shai, I don't have to do too much term editing in my daily work, but I`ll keep your blog post in Favorites in case I need to give it a second read.
cheers.

[Edited at 2013-12-07 16:05 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Solving the delay when adding/editing terminology in Studio and MultiTerm 2014

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search