Thread poster: Cynthia Pfeiffer

Cynthia Pfeiffer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 8, 2013

Dear All,

I'm working on Trados Studio 2014 as usual, but when trying to re-open a file that I had finished translating, I received the error message: Dependency file not found and a path to a temporary file in my \AppData\Local\Temp directory. The error message also tells me the following:

Filter Framework 1 filter definition file with settings used at the time of extraction. Would you like to browse for this file?

I answer no, since answering yes doesn't really help me find the tmp file...

Since it is only a warning, I'm still able to open the bilingual and work on it. However, when I try to generate the target doc file, I receive another error message and can't create a target file: "Failed to save target content: Trados 2007 Filter Definition file not found: ..\..\AppData\Local\Temp\cu1vye1z.uzj\sna5mf1c.dnp.tmp

My client who sent me the bilingual may have Trados 2007, I'm not sure, I need to ask.

Has anyone seen this problem before? How can I solve it?

Thank you very much!
Cynthia

dshamebo
Local time: 21:22
English to French
+ ...
in Trados 2014,Missing dependency file and Tardos 2007 filter definition not found Mar 30, 2014

I have the same problem but no solution.
If you have a solution to this problem, please would you share it with me?

[Edited at 2014-03-30 20:09 GMT]

Cynthia Pfeiffer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution for missing dependency Mar 30, 2014

Hi Daniel,

It hasn't happened to me ever since. Do you have the latest updates on your Trados? Maybe they released a fix for this problem within their latest updates.

Also, I figured out it helped when I closed my files on Trados whenever I would take a long break (e.g. overnight). Perhaps some routines ran while the computer was idle that caused these dependencies to be deleted.

Ultimately, if you still need to be able to access and save your file, the only solution I found was to create a new project adding the original untranslated file and the current TM, so the target fields would be filled in automatically by the TM.

Hope this helps,
cynthia

Silvio Picinini  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:22
English to Portuguese
+ ...
other references to this problem Apr 6, 2015

There is another thread with some solution:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/242074-dependency_file_not_found.html

And this from SDL:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/242074-dependency_file_not_found.html

I could not fix my file yet, though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to generate a target file due to missing dependency

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search