XU segments in TagEditor are no longer locked after translation in Studio 2014
Thread poster: Jan Willem van Dormolen

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 9, 2013

Hi all,

I have the following curious issue:

Since I bought Studio 2014, I've been using it to translate TagEditor files (.ttx) (in stead of using TagEditor itself). This *usually* goes without problems - after using 'Generate Target translations', I get a fully translated TagEditor file again.
However, sometimes (not always!), the XU segments (which were converted to locked segments in Studio 2014) come out NOT locked anymore in the final target file. According to the client, this presents problems (not sure what those problems are, the tech guy speaks minimal English and the PM speaks minimal Tech).
Has anyone had this problem as well? If so, how did you solve it?

The client now asks me to please go back to using TagEditor, which I really would hate to do, as I vastly prefer Studio 2014.

Thanks for any help,

Jan Willem


Direct link Reply with quote
 

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:12
English
Can’t repro the problem... Dec 10, 2013

... but if you can share a file and give me the steps to reproduce it I’ll, gladly take a look?

Regards

Paul


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have to ask the client Dec 11, 2013

Thank you. I will ask the client if he agrees, because there is this NDA thing. If the client is OK with sharing I will gladly send the file.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:12
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Dec 18, 2013

Well, I asked the client, and he sent me some files to investigate. However, these did not present the issue (they exported XUs correctly). So I've notified the client, and have not heard from him again yet. I will keep you informed.

However, I did find something else here:
http://altaverba.be/my-business/handling-trados-2007-tms-and-ttx-files-in-studio-2011/
Could this be a related issue?

Thank you for your help.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XU segments in TagEditor are no longer locked after translation in Studio 2014

Advanced search







memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search