Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:16
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 9, 2013

Hi all,

I have the following curious issue:

Since I bought Studio 2014, I've been using it to translate TagEditor files (.ttx) (in stead of using TagEditor itself). This *usually* goes without problems - after using 'Generate Target translations', I get a fully translated TagEditor file again.
However, sometimes (not always!), the XU segments (which were converted to locked segments in Studio 2014) come out NOT locked anymore in the final target file. According to the client, this presents problems (not sure what those problems are, the tech guy speaks minimal English and the PM speaks minimal Tech).
Has anyone had this problem as well? If so, how did you solve it?

The client now asks me to please go back to using TagEditor, which I really would hate to do, as I vastly prefer Studio 2014.

Thanks for any help,

Jan Willem

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Can’t repro the problem... Dec 10, 2013

... but if you can share a file and give me the steps to reproduce it I’ll, gladly take a look?

Regards

Paul

Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have to ask the client Dec 11, 2013

Thank you. I will ask the client if he agrees, because there is this NDA thing. If the client is OK with sharing I will gladly send the file.

Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Dec 18, 2013

Well, I asked the client, and he sent me some files to investigate. However, these did not present the issue (they exported XUs correctly). So I've notified the client, and have not heard from him again yet. I will keep you informed.

However, I did find something else here:
http://altaverba.be/my-business/handling-trados-2007-tms-and-ttx-files-in-studio-2011/
Could this be a related issue?

Thank you for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XU segments in TagEditor are no longer locked after translation in Studio 2014

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search