PDF word count in Studio 2011: how accurate?
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 9, 2013

I normally don't use PDF support in Studio, preferring semi-automated conversion using ABBYY PDF Transformer and FineReader. However, to prepare a rough quote for a large job consisting of about a hundred of PDF files—and only for the quoting step (I'll then convert files as usual)—I feel that Studio 2011 will be the best option IF its word count is sufficiently accurate. Hence the question:

In your experience, how accurate is Studio's PDF word count?

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 17:59
English to Hebrew
+ ...
It converts the PDF to a Word document Dec 10, 2013

...as far as I know from my limited experience with this functionality, so the word count should not be any different than that of any other Word document. This is unless the conversion ended up creating a tag soup, in which case any word count might be useless, so it is advised to sample the conversion products and make sure that they are more or less intact.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF word count in Studio 2011: how accurate?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search