Studio 2014 powerpoint (and other) compatibility problems
Thread poster: isabelle_trad

isabelle_trad  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:14
English to French
Dec 9, 2013

Hi,

Having encountered endless problems when saving the target under ttx files prepared by my client with Trados 2007, I contacted the SDL help and was told that my client's ttx files were probably corrupted and to use source files to avoid any problems.

I am currently working on a project that I created from a mix of word and powerpoint source files. The words files are OK, but I realized in horror that about half of the ppt slides of each file simply did not transfer in the translation files of my Studio project.

I tried everything : using the ttx prepared by the client and processing it in Studio. Result : the contents of the TM created during the partial translation of the source file are simply not found.
Same in Studio 2011.

In fact nothing works, I'm late delivering, the client goes nuts and SDL staff say roughly that it is in my imagination and/or my client (one of the most important global agencies) is preparing corrupted files....

I'd be grateful for any suggestion to get out of that swamped situation.

Isabelle

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Can I see the file? Dec 9, 2013

Hello Isabelle,

If you can share your Project files with me I’ll gladly take a look at them for you?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

isabelle_trad  Identity Verified
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much Dec 10, 2013

I just wanted to thank publicly Paul from SDL Support, who has been extremely helpful, replying outside business hours and who did not only sort my problem out but explained clearly the root of it.

Cheers !

Isabelle

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 powerpoint (and other) compatibility problems

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search