Licence key for Studio 2014 trial version
Thread poster: svenfrade

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:34
French to German
+ ...
Dec 10, 2013

I finally managed to download and install the trial version of Studio 2014. However, I am now prompted to enter a licence key which I don't have. I was assuming this would be included automatically but apparently it isn't.

How can I get one if requests via the online contact form on translationzone remain unanswered?
(I suspect they are sick and tired of me by now since I had so many problems with installing the software to start with but now I have come this far I would love to be able to try it...)

Direct link Reply with quote

Mark MacDermot  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:34
Member (2012)
Chinese to English
+ ...
Click "cancel" and carry on? Dec 10, 2013

I downloaded the free trial, and on starting it got a screen which I thought was a barrier. I found that by clicking "cancel" I could carry on and use the software, with a warning of how many days until the free trial expired. The licence key screen came into its own later when I purchased the programme. I don't know whether your case is the same.

Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't work Dec 10, 2013

That would have been nice and easy but doesn't work unfortunately.

The window simply disappears but nothing happens. Perhaps the problem is not the licence key after all.

SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Arabic
Licence key for Studio 2014 trial version Dec 10, 2013

Dear Inkweaver,

Im Steve from the inside sales team

Please send your request for an activation code to insidesales@sdl.com as I am unable to find your account without a valid email address or order number.
Please also note an activation code is only needed if you have had a prior installation of Studio 2011 installed.

Kind regards

Steve

Mark MacDermot  Identity Verified
Member (2012)
Chinese to English
+ ...
suicidal software Dec 10, 2013

I sympathise with you. I have a suicidal version of MultiTerm Desktop which terminates itself instantly on loading (I wrote about it briefly in a reply to optophon's "Multiterm 2014 does not start up").

Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Mark Dec 10, 2013

I kept thinking that I must be doing something wrong or that there might be something wrong with my computer (although I don't have any problems running other CAT tools), but at least that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm just a bit surprised that apparently nobody can be bothered to answer the requests I sent via the their online contact form. After all, they want to sell something, at least that's the impression I got...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Perhaps you had.... Dec 10, 2013

inkweaver wrote:

That would have been nice and easy but doesn't work unfortunately.

The window simply disappears but nothing happens. Perhaps the problem is not the licence key after all.

... a trial version of 2011 beforehand? This would affect your ability to license 2014 as it uses the same licensing mechanism. If this is the case please contact the sales team though the live chat and they can arrange for you to have a temporary license code.

Or please drop me an email if you ‘re not getting anywhere with the contact form and I’ll arrange this for you.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

[Edited at 2013-12-10 10:58 GMT]

United Kingdom
English
Please contact support... Dec 10, 2013

Mark MacDermot wrote:

I sympathise with you. I have a suicidal version of MultiTerm Desktop which terminates itself instantly on loading (I wrote about it briefly in a reply to optophon's "Multiterm 2014 does not start up").

... using the solution finder. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems

Follow the route for your problem and if there is no answer by the time you get to the end you'll be presented with a form to contact support. Complete all the fields in the form making sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you. It is a little protracted but you may find a solution yourself (which is obviously better than having to wait for a response), so if you can’t see the way though let me know.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 22:34
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Here too Dec 10, 2013

I never was able to run the demo version. One representative of SDL even contacted me and after many exchanges offered to send a key, but nothing happened. Now I have the licence and for the first time saw the software functioning.

Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You're a brave man, Heinrich Dec 10, 2013

I'd hate to spend all that money only to find out that it still won't run on my computer.
And I have to admit that I find all this hassle a bit off-putting.

I did try the live chat and the person promised to get back to me later to day, so I'll just have to wait and see what happens, I suppose.

rokabard
Local time: 22:34
English to Hebrew
+ ...
i have a similar problem Dec 11, 2013

I have a similar problem. I've downloaded the trados studio 2014 trial and installed it but when I try to run it I get a message that my trial has expired.

I've contacted the chat support but they said they can't help me.

how am I suppose to try the new trados?

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:34
English to Spanish
RE: Suicidal software Dec 11, 2013

Mark MacDermot wrote:

I have a suicidal version of MultiTerm...

Mark,

A term for posterity, very descriptive, the software kills itself.
(If it only was not so maddening!)

Thank you for the laugh.

United Kingdom
English
Please drop me... Dec 11, 2013

rokabard wrote:

I have a similar problem. I've downloaded the trados studio 2014 trial and installed it but when I try to run it I get a message that my trial has expired.

I've contacted the chat support but they said they can't help me.

how am I suppose to try the new trados?

.. and email and we can help to make sure you can try the trial version. I’m truly amazed that the sales chat told you they could not help because the most common problem relates to you having run an expired trial of 2011 in the past for example... and we can get around this by providing you with a temporary activation code.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Anastasia Kingsley Kinkusic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2011)
English
+ ...
Cancel and Continue Feb 5, 2014

Hi Fellow Translators,

I just uploaded Studio 2014 and found the same roadblock - no activation code. Since this laptop holds no previous version of Trados, it worked fine to hit CANCEL. At this point it said I have 30 more days to use the trial. To the right click on Continue and go into the Wizard. I didn't notice Continue at first, but that is the next step. It worked for me.

Faye Vasiliadis
Greece
Member (2016)
Greek to English
+ ...
what if we have a previous version installed?? Apr 3, 2014

I do know that if there is a previous version on the computer, you need an activation key. I uninstalled the previous version, but the 2014 free trial STILL asks me for an activation key that I do NOT have...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licence key for Studio 2014 trial version

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search