Can't add terms to MultiTerm (Studio 2011)
Thread poster: Lucy Leite
Lucy Leite
Lucy Leite  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:31
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 10, 2013

Hello,

I'm sure this problem has appeared in the Forum before, but I haven't been able to locate any post.

I'm working on a file, with my Termbase open. When I go to the Termbase Viewer, I can see the list on the left, but the window on the right is blank. So when I try to add a new term, nothing happens.

My Java version is updated. I've done that already because I know Trados has several issues with Java, but I still can't solve this problem.

... See more
Hello,

I'm sure this problem has appeared in the Forum before, but I haven't been able to locate any post.

I'm working on a file, with my Termbase open. When I go to the Termbase Viewer, I can see the list on the left, but the window on the right is blank. So when I try to add a new term, nothing happens.

My Java version is updated. I've done that already because I know Trados has several issues with Java, but I still can't solve this problem.

Thank you so much for your help.
Collapse

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 10:31
English to Hebrew
+ ...
In this case, the Java update is probably the reason Dec 10, 2013

The best thing to do is to revert to the last Java version that worked for you.
If you don't know its version number, close Studio and MultiTerm and uninstall Java (all instances) from Windows Control Panel.
Open Studio (specifically a project with a termbase connect to it) and attempt to add a term. You will be prompted to install Java, so proceed to do so and hopefully the problem will be solved.

Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)
Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Java 6 Update 24 Dec 10, 2013

Hi Lucy,
I had the same problem and was advised that the last version which safely works with Termbase of Studio 2011 is Java 6 Update 24.
And it WORKS! Wow.
Remove all your Java versions from the computer, download this particular version (the newer ones do not work properly) and install. When opening the tembase, you will be able to work.
Good Luck!
Jitka

Lucy Leite
Lucy Leite  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! Dec 11, 2013

This helped me solve the problem! Thanks a lot, Jitka and Shai!

Alexey Larin
Alexey Larin  Identity Verified
Belarus
Local time: 10:31
English to Russian
+ ...
the same Dec 30, 2013

Didn't find this topic earlier so mine is at http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/262064-unable_to_add_edit_term_in_multiterm_11.html and above mentioned solution didn't work for me

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't add terms to MultiTerm (Studio 2011)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »