Thread poster: Fiona Robson

Fiona Robson
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:51
Member (2005)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 10, 2013

Having used SDL BeGlobal in Studio 2011 for almost a year now, it has suddenly stopped working, both in pre-translate and in individual segments. An error message comes up, "An error has occured whilst using the translation provider SDL BeGlobal Community". I am way below the daily limit allowed. The language pair is the same as always. Anybody ideas what might be causing this problem?

Fiona

[Edited at 2013-12-10 14:33 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:51
English
Accounts... Dec 10, 2013

Hi Fiona,

I asked the beGlobal guys to take a quick look and the problem might be because you have five accounts and the most recent is not activated yet. Perhaps you did a reinstall and need to confirm the account?

Regards

Paul

Fiona Robson
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem with SDL BeGlobal Dec 11, 2013

Paul

Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what you mean by "I have five accounts and the most recent is not activated yet". I have not reinstalled Studio since I purchased it last year. Please could you clarify?

Fiona

[Edited at 2013-12-11 09:36 GMT]

Fiona Robson
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not received a reply from you Oct 11, 2014

Paul,

Please could you clarify your message at the end of last year, when you said "you have five accounts " I am not sure what you mean.

Fiona

United Kingdom
English
Multiple accounts/emails Oct 12, 2014

Hi Fiona,

Many apologies for not getting back to you. It seemed you had multiple accounts with different email addresses. The support team activated your fifth account and I asked them to contact you. Seems none of this happened if you're getting back to me nearly a year later!

Presumably you were not able to use BeGlobal at all with any of the accounts you seem to have?

I have asked again because I can't look into detail at what happens in your account so I'm sure the support team will be in touch next week.

Regards

Paul

Fiona Robson
United Kingdom
Member (2005)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
multiple accounts/emails Oct 12, 2014

Hi Paul

Thanks for your reply. I can't think how that could have happened, as I only have two email addresses that I have been using for years. Thankfully I have been able to use BeGlobal this past year, until recently, when the the limits were placed on it for users of Studio 2011, which was what led me back to this discussion from last year! I tried emailing you privately, as this is not really a discussion for the forum, but it said you do not accept private emails.

Regards
Fiona

United Kingdom
English
Limites & emails Oct 13, 2014

Hi Fiona,

If you tried to contact me using the ProZ email then that would be true. We do not monitor or use this at all. So any questions should be sent into the forum.

On the limit, perhaps you should take a look at the BeGlobal Community Plus plugin that was released last week for Studio 2011. If you use this instead of the builtin plugin then you can work with more control over how many words you are using and you're less likely to encounter to 4000 words per day limit.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with SDL BeGlobal

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search